By Lachlan Nicolson |
Looking for a last minute family holiday this Autumn season? Our World Travel leisure team us ready to help your entire family relax this season! Here are five family-friendly destinations for your travel inspiration.
With long sandy beaches, hundreds of sights and attractions, and 300 days of sunshine - the Gold Coast is a great location for a relaxing week away with the kids. There’s no need to travel overseas to experience a world-renown beach, the Gold Coast is convenient by a short drive from Brisbane or by aeroplane from most eastern Australian cities.
Many of the resorts and hotels on the Gold Coast offer beautiful beach views, a range of family friendly amenities and close access to the beach. If you love the metropolis vibes then stay at surfers Paradise, however if you’re looking to unwind and have some more space to yourselves then we recommend heading further south between Burleigh Heads and Coolangatta.
The Gold Coast features more than just beautiful beaches, there are a heap of outdoor activities and sights in the Gold Coast Hinterlands to explore, plus Australia’s best four amusement parks just a short drive away.
Close access from Brisbane region or short flight to Coolengata Airport
Spacious beaches and accomodation designed for families in mind
Four of the best theme parks in Australia all located here
The beautiful islands of Fiji bring together lush white sandy beaches and the friendliest locals you may ever meet. Relax on one of the many world-class resorts, across many islands to choose from. Fiji is a short and affordable international flight from most Australian eastern cities.
Fiji is well known for its coral reefs, volcanic mountains and beautiful tropical climate and nature. If you are looking for an escape from the city environment to sink you feet in white sandy beaches - then Fiji is your ideal getaway plan.
Short international direct flights and affordable fares
Great nature and water adventures for the kids
World class modern resorts to enjoy
In the recent 24 months Japan has soared to the top of the favourite list for Australian’s seeking an affordable adventure in Asia. Airfares to Japan are becoming more affordable as capacity and airlines expand, making it easier and more accessible for families to visit. If you travel during Australian autumn period you will experience Japan in beautiful spring, and at peak season cherry blossom season.
From shopping in Tokyo, to castles in Kyoto, Japan offers an adventure for everyone. The shopper, city-goer, nature lover and cultural admirer can all enjoy a slice of this warm and welcoming nation. Japan is a fun, safe, and a cultural adventurous destination for the whole family to enjoy.
Reduced air fare costs and more flights
A safe destination to bring the kids, with friendly locals and strong english presence in major cities
Great way to introduce the kids first hand to Japanese and Asian culture
Just 6 hours away from Sydney via a direct flight lies the Cook Islands, a south pacific beach heaven. The Cook island hotels are family friendly, while also allowing the parents to truly relax. Pamper yourself (parents) at one of the sublime day spa’s, or treat yourself to your own modern villa for the extra level of comfort and privacy.
The weather is year-round glorious, the islands are easy to get around and the NZ currency makes it simply to convert your money. Enjoy delicious local seafood, go swimming or be entertained on the main Island Rarotonga. Scuba dive or snorkel in incredibly clear water to see turtles and colourful fish up close and personal. Walk through the island centre at night and enjoy safe and relaxing open-air vibes, restaurants and starry nights scenery. You’ll feel just at home on the Cook Islands!
Year-round sunny and warmer weather
Plenty of outdoor beach and water activies for whole family
New Zealand currency makes it easy to convert your cash
Sunny ‘LA’ is located in the heart of California has got it all on offer. As the central hub of the film industry to America, Los Angeles is packed with sunny weather and celebrities all round. Relax in Anaheim at one of the family friendly resorts designed to accommodate the local theme parks close by. Take your kids to Disney Land, get a tour around Warner Brothers Studios or for the ultimate thrills head to Six Flags Magic Mountain.
Once you’ve tired the kids out with the theme parks, grab a car and head over to Santa Monica beach and pier. Relax at Venice Beach, explore Hollywood, head to the theatre at the Walt Disney Concert Hall or go shopping in The Grove. There’s plenty of ways for your family to create your 'LA story’.
World's best theme parks located in Anaheim
Easily attach other locations to your trip such as Hawaii or San Francisco
Discover Hollywood style, culture and shopping
By Tahnee Wherritt |
Our list of the top ten most beautiful cities to enjoy...
A small city with big beauty. Bruges imitates what life would be like in the late middle ages. With medieval architecture and every little hidden gem is a snap shot of a fairytale. This Photogenic little city even puts the postcards to shame.
2. Florence Known as the birth place of ‘renaissance’ and the ‘Tuscan capital’, this seductive and romantic city is home to some of the greatest artistic treasures in the world. The colourful buildings and sunsets in the afternoon will have you wanting to take permit residence in this gorgeous city.
3. Paris The heart of France has a long list of beauty. The art, the culture, the food and the museums. Known as the city of light, your heart will skip a beat when you see the Eiffel tower in all its glory. You will not just visit Paris, you will in fact fall in love with this cobbled street beauty.
4. Lisbon The capital of Portugal is full of contemporary culture. The locals make you feel at home with their easy-going charm. As an all year round destination, Lisbon makes every season more beautiful then the last.
5. Venice ‘The city of water’, ‘The city of bridges’, ‘The floating city’, ‘The city of canals’. There is a never ending list of names for Venice, but one that sums it up perfectly for us.. ‘Undoubtably, the most beautiful city built by man’.
6. Prague When Mirrored off the Vltava river, you get a sense of just how beautiful and magical this city is. The vibrant city full of culture, music art and countless churches, this enchanted city is one not to be missed.
7. Rio De Janeiro Rio De Janerio offers something for everyone. From the breathtaking landscapes, to the laid back beaches. You can relax on the white sands beach or take full advantage of the nightlife, the dancing in the street and the numerous festivals all year round.
8. Amsterdam Known as the Venice of the north, this quaint little city is full of beautiful canals, parks and relaxing charm. Amsterdam has a history of non-conformism and known for its progression. Amsterdam is the perfect place for those who just want to enjoy life without the hustle and bustle.
9. Rome Rome is where you see history at it finest. With the Colosseum, The Vatican, The Pantheon, Sistine Chapel, and for all of those romantics; why not make a wish in the stunning Trevi Fountain. At every turn you can stumble across magnificent piece of history, and great food.
10. Budapest A gorgeous city with a youthful atmosphere. Budapest has a pulsating nightlife. Spending the day walking along the river, and heading to the spas, you can really take in the city’s beauty.
Want more inspiration?
Ready to book your luxury holiday escape?
By Tahnee Wherritt |
Whether you have started writing your very own bucket list, generating one as you go, or thinking about building one, here is another experience we believe should make the cut; Swimming with Whale sharks in Borneo.
Whale sharks are the largest fish in the world. They are slow moving animals and do not fear; they are filter feeding fish and pose no significant danger to humans. They like to swim around the tropical and warm waters. So, whilst enjoying the beauty of the open sea, why not swim next to a fish that can grow to over 12 meters, which is longer then your average bus?
As we understand this may terrify some readers, we have come up with some other examples of things to do in Borneo. If swimming next to a fish that has a mouth span of around 1.5 meters doesn’t float your boat, how about hanging around with some Orangutans? Borneo also offers great trekking trails, bird watching at its finest and the chance to explore caves.